Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item:
|Title:||Smyrna Agorası mozaikli yapı mozaikleri|
|Other Titles:||Mosaic building mosaics from Smyrna Agora|
|Citation:||Ersoy, A. ve Alatepeli, S. (2011). "Smyrna Agorası mozaikli yapı mozaikleri". Journal of Mosaic Research, 4, 17-26.|
|Abstract:||It is envisaged that the Mosaic Building, which is adjacent to the west side of the Agora, has been designed and built at the same time with the Bouleuterion. The plan of the building, which is of 15 meters length and 25 meters width as of today, consists of five galleries extending in the north-south direction. It is confirmed that the building was damaged after a fire and therefore a second layer of mosaics must be replaced just onto the first mosaic floor. The first mosaic floor, which is dated as the end of the 2nd or the beginning of the 3th century A.D., is composed of panels made up of circles linked to each other by lines. The second layer of mosaics consists of circular or rectangular panels placed in the north-south direction. Different geometric shapes or floral decorations exist in the center of the panels. It is envisaged that the second layer of mosaics was built in the 4th century A.D. There is limited data about the function of the building with a basilical plan. Nonetheless it is thought that the mosaic building shared some of Bouleuterion political and administrative functions.|
Mozaikli Yapı, Agora Batı Portiko’nun batı, Bouleuterion’un güney bitişiğinde yer almaktadır (Resim 1; Çizim 1-2). Bouleuterion ile aynı proje çerçevesinde tasarlanıp inşa edildikleri öngörülmektedir. Yapı, Kantar ve Naumann ikilisi tarafından Agora’daki ilk kazılar sırasında kısmen tespit edilmiş ve Mozaikli Salon olarak adlandırılmıştır (Naumann – Kantar 1950: 89-90 Abb. 6).
|Appears in Collections:||2011 Sayı 4|
This item is licensed under a Creative Commons License